MasterPozzolith RT 89 - Extra set retarding water reducing admixture
How does MasterPozzolith RT 89 work?
MasterPozzolith RT 89 is a powerful plasticiser which disperses and deflocculates cement particles while delaying the hydration process, thereby retarding the initial and final set. It can be used to improve workability without the addition of extra water, or to allow reductions in the free water content. Due to improved dispersion of the cement particles, the process of hydration proceeds under the optimum conditions, leading to improved strength characteristics with or without reduction in free water.
- High strength, high cement content, low W/C ratio mixes
- Hot weather concrete where control of initial and final set is important
- White cement concrete
- Slipformed concrete, high strength mixes, to control set of concrete particularly in high temperature conditions
- Bridge building, prestressed concrete work, mass concrete including RCC
What are the features and benefits of MasterPozzolith 89?
- Increases compressive, tensile and flexural strength of concrete
- Increases density of concrete reducing permeability and thus increasing durability
- Allows a reduction in free water in the region of 8-12%
- High effective in high cement content low water cement ration mixes where its use enables concrete to be made more workable without loss in strength, density and durability.
- Enables controlled extension of initial set
- The retarding action allows continuous concrete pours to be made, thus reducing the number of construction joint needed
- The strength gain of concrete containing MasterPozzolith RT 89 is enhanced.