MasterSeal 909 - Re-injectable hose waterstop system for construction and cold joints in concrete
How does MasterSeal 909 work?
MasterSeal 909 is a blue flexible PVC hose which comprises a solid core and lateral openings covered by neoprene strips, all banded by an open webbed nylon mesh.
MasterSeal 909 is designed to replace waterbar for use in concrete structures which contain joints other than expansion joints and subject to hydrostatic pressure on one or both faces of the structure. Its use prevents passage of water through concrete joints in the following typical applications:
- Water reservoirs / tanks
- Sewage treatment plants
- Liquid storage vessels
- Any sub base concrete construction
- Water excluding or retaining structures
What makes MasterSeal 909 a unique solution?
MasterSeal 909 is an advanced injection hose system that is tough, flexible and resilient, made of chemically inert polymer for installation in construction joints. It enables injection of joints for watertightness, any number of times during the life of structure.
What are the features and benefits of MasterSeal 909?
- Eliminates costly design, welding and installation of waterbar
- Water cannot penetrate treated joint and rebar, unlike traditional installation where water is in contact with the reinforcement up to the waterbar
- The installed system assures a watertight structure
- Fast easy installation procedures even to complicated design detail
- Proven and predictable performance
- Joints can be tested for watertightness before backfilling or membrane tanking operations
- System enables retro-injection, to stop leaks caused subsequently by settlement or structural movement at the construction joint
- Completely maintenance free
- Possible to retro-fit when new construction is built against existing structures